For the love of men and music

Friday, May 26, 2006

Friends from Barcelona

It's pissing it down outside – it’s nearly June, and I’m still wearing my winter coat and dreaming of more tropical climes.

Instead of finishing off my powerpoint for the project closure, I’m listening to yet another fantastic swedish band I’m From Barcelona. Reminding me of Magnetic Fields, Guillemots and The Magic Numbers and sounding like none of them (which only really goes to prove that I’m crap at comparing music), Let Me Introduce You To My Friends is a joyful album full of infectious quirky tunes reminiscent of summer holidays and sunnier times.

Have a listen whilst I hurriedly try to finish the presentation.

MP3: I’m From Barcelona – We’re From Barcelona (Expired)
MP3: I’m From Barcelona – This Boy (Feat Lonely, Dear) (Expired)
MP3: I’m From Barcelona – Collection Of Stamps (Expired)

1 Comments:

Blogger paulo said...

Any comparisons need to mention The Polyphonic Spree and Architecture In Helsinki I reckon. Absolutely love this band- their album is amazing, and worth the money spent in getting in from Sweden.
The Painter, Treehouse, Ola Kala, Rec & Play, Oversleeping... ah, basically all of their songs are brilliant. I must get me some stories from them- and thus see them live at some point too (see my supposed blog for coolo music stories).

May 27, 2006 2:31 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home