For the love of men and music

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Different Drum

One of my favourite songs of all time (judged by whether I sing it in the shower or not) has to be PP Arnold’s cover of the Mike Nesmith classic Different Drum.

Produced by Steve Craddock of Ocean Colour Scene (she sings on a couple of OCS tracks), this song is 2.28 of pure perfection to me. From the wonderful roughness of PP’s voice which has weathered the storms to the wonderful retro production giving it mod feel. As a self confessed commitment-phobe (wow– I’m revealing things about myself – this is like a real blog), the I find the lyrics spot on the mark too.

Have a listen and feel free to imagine me in the shower.

MP3: PP Arnold – Different Drum (Expired)
Buy:
PP Arnold – Different Drum

1 Comments:

Blogger JOE GILLIS said...

I think I prefer the Linda Ronstadt version of this one (though that's probably because I heard it on the radio so much when I was a kid).

May 23, 2006 6:37 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home