For the love of men and music

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

WTF Disco - Mickey Mouse Disco

My first post on this blog (almost a month ago) started off with a disco track. As I said then, my formative years were spent listening to disco records, playing with my parents’ glitter ball and wrecking their strobe machine. There’s something about the funky bass, the the noodley synths and the general decadence I associate with the ‘disco life’.

That said, the popularity of disco led to the recording of what are essentially disco pastiches (I’m being generous here) which sound like disco records, but the mind boggles as to the rationale behind them. I lovingly refer to this sub-genre of disco as WTF Disco.

My favourite WTF Disco record has to be Mickey Mouse Disco. Released by Walt Disney Records in 1979, MMD includes disco-fied versions of Disney classics and Disney-fied versions of disco classics.

Currently the recording is out of print, and is fetching up to $65 for a CD copy.

The quality is a bit scratchy as it’s ripped from the original vinyl, but I like to believe it gives it that extra retro feel.

For lovers of novelty disco or Disney, this is a must have – for everyone else…erm..stay clear. .

MP3: Disco Mickey Mouse (Expired)
MP3: Welcome To Rio (Expired)
MP3: The Greatest Band (Expired)
MP3: Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah (Expired)
MP3: Macho Duck (Expired)
MP3: Mousetrap (Expired)
MP3: Watch Out For Goofy! (Expired)
MP3: It's A Small World (Expired)
MP3: Chim Chim Cher-ee (Expired)

Zip File: Download zip file (Expired)

Buy: Mickey Mouse Disco

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

i have a TV commercial for this on an old VHS tape - i'll have to rip and send it along...!

May 24, 2006 6:55 pm

 
Blogger SewTara said...

i used to have that record!!
oh my.

May 24, 2006 10:16 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home