For the love of men and music

Thursday, May 11, 2006

X like a Fugitive (New Richard X & Pet Shop Boys collaboration)

It should have been a match made in heaven – Richard X producing a Pet Shop Boys track – but whilst I love the sound effects used on Fugitive (i see the PSB’s chasing villains in a space shuttle), the actual tune is fairly mediocre. Richard X brings his trade mark 80s synth sound, which ironically makes the track sound more up-to-date than the album tracks on Fundamental, and suggests that with better tunes, Richard X could produce a fantastic PSB album.

The Fundamentalism cd features remixes from Alter Ego, Lobe, Trentmoller & Stuart Crichton.

MP3: Pet Shop Boys – Fugitive (Richard X Extended Mix) (Expired)
MP3: Pet Shop Boys – Psychological (Alter Ego Remix) (Expired)
Buy: Pet Shop Boys – Fundamental/Fundamentalism

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has to be the first song I've ever heard from the P.o.v of a terrorist!

May 12, 2006 9:02 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've no idea what your problem with the tune is. It's actually quite a brilliant melody.

May 16, 2006 12:04 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree, I think that this is one of their best and Richard X's production just blew this one out of the park for me. A+!

May 18, 2006 6:04 am

 
Blogger homoeclectic said...

I'm afraid I had a complaint from the powers that be about the PSB links, so they've been removed. I'm not putting them back, as I'm too pretty for jail.

May 21, 2006 4:28 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home