For the love of men and music

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Annie's got a brand new Crush

In 2004, the undisputed queen of blogsphere had to be Annie. With her northern europe electro house single Heartbeat, I think it’s fair to say she had the boys and girls quivering at their knees (and sticking her on the top of more than one ‘best of 2004’ lists.)

With the exception of DJ Kicks, it’s been fairly quiet from Annie for the past couple of years – I’ve regularity been trawling the usual haunts trying to get my hands on copies of her supposed new Richard X collaborations, without much avail.

I have however managed to get my hands on a copy of her next single release Crush, which, to be honest, was not at all what I was expecting. Based upon Anniemal, I was expecting more of the twitchy, synthy electropop we’ve heard before. Instead what we get is punk-pop and guitars(?!?). The ice princess has melted to reveal someone who’s been listening to the Ramones.

Released on Dim Mak recordings in June, the 12” is produced by Timo Kaukolampi (who produced half the tracks on Anniemal) and will feature a Richard X remix.

MP3:Annie – Crush (Expired)
Buy: Annie - Anniemal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home