For the love of men and music

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Razzle Dazzle Camera Obscura

It’s the 2nd of May and the jury is still out as to whether we will get any sun today. I’ve been up since 5:30 a.m. having had to trudge myself all the way up to north-east england for a god forsaken job. I can only thank my lucky stars that I had Camera Obscura’s new album Let’s Get Out Of This Country to hand.

At times heart broken, and at times jubilant, LGOTC is a little treasure. With country licks (I think Dory Previn sample a snippet of Stand by your man), touches of the 50’s, 60’s and and a continuing nod to fellow scots B&S, LGOTC proved the perfect soundtrack to an otherwise grey journey.

MP3: Camera Obscura – Come Back Margaret (Expired)
MP3: Camera Obscura – Country Mile (Expired)
MP3: Camera Obscura – If Looks Could Kill (Expired)
Buy:
Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out Of This Country

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home