For the love of men and music

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Smoosh and run

I really wanted to like this one; I’ve been listening to a copy of Smoosh’s latest album Free to Stay this morning, and I have to say that its…well…ok. That’s kinda it.

Yes, it is amazing that two girls under 15 can come up with songs that sound (even if they’re not sung) mature, and not the ‘pop’ you would normally expect from kid bands, but I’m not feeling it. Yes, there are a couple of strong tracks on the album that elevate themselves from the sort of stuff they play in the background in the O.C. But there’s something in the emotionless, child-like (heck – they are kids) delivery and the cheap keyboards that leaves me cold.

Have a listen and let me know what you think.

Free To Stay is out on the 20th June on Barsuk.

MP3: Free To Stay (Expired)
MP3: Slower Than Gold (Expired)
MP3: Find A Way (Expired)

MP3: Waiting for Something (Expired)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home