For the love of men and music

Monday, March 12, 2007

Let Me Hear Your Body Talk

I'm not sure how old I was when I first saw the video to the Olivia Newton John song Physical, but I still remember feeling embarrassed watching it when my family were in the room – especially, I don’t remember the gay ending from my youth.


Listening to the original again, it holds up surprisingly well…even if the video does feature ONJ torturing fat people.

The song has been covered a number of times already (e.g. Sophie EB, Goldfrapp). and now the Swedish clothing company WeAretheSuperlativeConspiracy (aka WeSC) have put together a compilation of covers by artists such as Cat5, The Glimmers and Caged Baby).

You can hear the full compilation at the company’s website.

MP3: Cat5 – Physical (expired)
MP3: Caged Baby – Physical (expired)
MP3: Goldfrapp – U.K. Girls (Physical) (not on the compilation) (expired)
MP3: Olivia Newton John – Physical (not on the compilation) (expired)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ron Albanese said...

Hi there! I was wondering if you could repost the Sister Sledge link to "Circle of Love." I've looked everywhere - and I mean everywhere - and I can't find it! You could even just send me the mp3 if that's easier!

Thanks - hope you can help! This tune is not only any greatest hits, etc.

March 23, 2007 2:35 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home