For the love of men and music

Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Funny Valentine

Ok, I know this post is late, but I've never been a terribly great time keeper (as anyone who has ever arranged to meet me would be able to attest to). Valentine’s day has come and gone, and to celebrate, I created a mixed CD (yes, beneath this cold, hard exterior lies a cheesy sentimental interior).

Now I know there are more than enough lovely-dovey compilations around, so in an attempt to do something different (and because I'm single and bitter (or bitterly single - feel free to ask me out on a date tho), I thought I'd throw in some break up songs in as well. But, that's not the twist..oh no...the compilation features songs only by gay/bi men. Yes, it's a veritable fruitbowl of loved up and loved out songs.

Don't let the sexuality of the artists concerned put you off - even the most hardened (ooh er) heterosexual should find something of interest (although you won't hear the miltant propoganda encoded into each track ;-)

Anyway, ladies and gents, I give you For The Love Of Men: Homoeclectic Valentine Mix 2007.

MP3: Richard Cortez – Craving Something Beautiful (expired)
MP3: Mark Weigle – Cody (expired)
MP3: Rufus Wainwright – One Man Guy (expired)
MP3: Skott Freedman Feat. Mark Weigle – Papa Was A Rodeo (expired)
MP3: Andrew Spice – Beautiful Creatures (expired)
MP3: Steven Franz – Inside My Head (expired)
MP3: Gentleman Reg – The Boyfriend Song (expired)
MP3: Skott Freedman – Hole In His Soul (expired)
MP3: Jimmy Somerville – Because Of Him (expired)
MP3: Gregory Douglass – Upside Down (expired)
MP3: Ennio – Hey, Jesus (expired)
MP3: Hidden Cameras – Man That I Am With My Man (expired)
MP3: Matthew Brookshire – Better (expired)
MP3: Antony & The Johnsons - Fistful of Love (expired)
MP3: Freddy Freeman – Echo (expired)
MP3: Dylan Rice – The Lie (expired)
MP3: Dennis Hensley – The Last Time (expired)
MP3: Stephin Merritt – All I Want To Know (expired)
MP3: Christopher Dallman – Green Camaro (expired)
MP3: Jay Brannan – Half-Boyfriend (expired)

6 Comments:

Blogger PinkieDust said...

Thanks for this!

February 17, 2007 4:06 pm

 
Blogger Tallsonofagun said...

Thanks for this. It was great and I heard some artists I didn't know about before. 2 other artists that would have fit in with this mix would be Levi Kreis and Eric Himan. They are both terrific musicians who are gay (and hot). They toured together last year and got a lot of publicity. My favorite tracks of theirs is "I Should Go" by Kreis and "No Urgency" by Himan. Check them out if you ever get a chance. Thanks again for the great tunes and great blog.

February 17, 2007 6:28 pm

 
Blogger Adrian said...

These look amazing. I'm totally in love with the picture you have there also. I love a collage.

March 08, 2007 12:14 pm

 
Blogger Hannes said...

Please load it up once again for me :o)

March 19, 2007 11:02 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I've no time to listen now but thought I'd mention that 'My funny Valentine' was also the title of my 14 Feb post. Think I used one of the pics in your collage for the previous year's Valentine post too.

What would we do without Google Images, eh?

March 21, 2007 12:03 am

 
Blogger dominic vine of the owls said...

hey there
i just found this while looking around for the new Stephen Merritt song (which i did found.. it's called "Man of a Million Faces")
and i'd really love to hear this little compliation you made
still got a zip file of it?

i know Mark Weigle and i'm surprised he covered "papa.." coz we've had conversations about it and it seemed he didn't get it
i'd love to hear his take on it
and who is Skott?

anyway
if you could throw the zip or a few files at me
i'd love it
either way
thanks!

...dominic

dominicvine
at
gmail

November 07, 2007 8:46 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home