For the love of men and music

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Got Me Good

If you haven’t already done so, make sure you check out Xolondon’s scarily accurate (I kept going; “yes, that’s what I thought!” reading it) review of Jamelia's latest album Walk With Me . The only place where I’d disagree is his excitement about No More – it’s good, but it’s not that good (well done for using the harpsichord again, Jams).

My current (I know it’s going to change with further listens) favourite track off the album in addition to the superb Something About You is the equally good Get Up, Get Out which is surely one of the few pop songs to feature (albeit fudged) the line You fucking do it again. There is something about the song that reminds of a whole host of other songs, from the speed garage beats, the speeded up sample and a nod to A Million Lovesongs.


More lovely tracks at Xolondon’s pad.


MP3: Jamelia – Get Up, Get Out


buy: Jamelia - Walk With Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home