For the love of men and music

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

French Connection

How I wish I had worked a little harder in my french lessons at school. I can currently ask for croque monsieur and occasionally explain to those who wish to know, that although I did take french A levels, I also failed them, but would they like some peas?

With that in mind, I have no idea what french-canadian band Malajube are actually singing out – but it does sound awfully jolly. Sounding a bit like bands such as Broken Social Scene and the Shins, Malajube create joyful indie melodies that have had them on repeat. Whilst they’re probably singing about eating little children or granny bashing, the abscence of anything that I can understand on their 2006 release; Trompe-L'oeil means I’m happy to bop along in time.

MP3: Malajube – Montréal -40ºC
MP3: Malajube –Pâte Filo
MP3: Malajube – Le Crabe

3 Comments:

Blogger Pierre said...

Even if you're a native French speaker, it's hard to unsderstand what they say, although they did sing "ejaculate" in the first song.

August 23, 2006 9:17 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trompe-L'oeil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trompe_l%27oeil

September 05, 2006 8:16 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm French and as Pierre said it's really difficult to get what they say... from what I can hear, in Montreal -40 ° they sing about the pleasure of being in Montreal and compare it to lust... i love their music, thx for posting it

September 09, 2006 3:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home