For the love of men and music

Friday, June 23, 2006

I Heart Jay

I'm in love. Yes, you heard it here first. His name is Jay Brannan, and I came across (not literally obviously, as that’s just tacky, and this is a high class establishment) his website whilst surfing the net tonight.


We’ll get the obvious stuff out of the way – he’s really cute in a emo/frat boy kind of way – but since it takes more than a pretty face to get me excited; he’s witty and clearly a little twisted (in a good way).

Musically, judging from the three tracks (I’ve always said I was easy), he’s a cross between early Tori (not as early as ‘Y Kant Tori’) , Tracy Chapman and Lisa Loeb.

Think acoustic, songs, simply arranged with a dry sense of humour.

We heart him (or maybe we just want his Tigger ears, not exactly sure).

If you're in New York on Friday 23rd, you can catch him playing alongside the likes of Stephen Merrit, Joel Gibb (Hidden Cameras) & Gentleman Reg at Joe's Pub.

MP3: Jay Brannan – Half Boyfriend (Expired)

Visit: Jay’s Myspace

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is cute - cool music too - thanks for the recomendation

June 23, 2006 12:49 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is totally hot and everything about his music is amazing. I love the rawness of the sound and his lyrics kick fucking ass. If he had an album I would buy it in a second.

June 23, 2006 5:46 am

 
Blogger xolondon said...

He's smart to have gotten into the scene he is in in NYC. A lot of those folks are coming up or have the ability to get him noticed. I wonder if he knows Hunter James from Notthatboy? (blog)

Did you see the pic of him with hair? http://www.jaybrannan.com/page3.html

June 23, 2006 8:19 pm

 
Blogger homoeclectic said...

Indeed. But I prefer the cropped look - more to stroke :-)

June 23, 2006 9:04 pm

 
Blogger Mark said...

ooh, thanks for sharing. I likey. I'm adding your link to my blog.

June 28, 2006 12:40 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can see more of the scrumptious-and-surprisingly-talented Jay (and oh, how I do mean more of him) in James Cameron Mitchell's recently-released film "Shortbus". It's a scream. But don't take your mother.

August 01, 2006 1:22 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved him in shortbus.
that was an original song he sang in the movie as well.

January 19, 2007 7:48 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home