For the love of men and music

Monday, June 19, 2006

Call Of Modernity

If you’ve been visiting Homoeclectic on a regular basis over the past few months, you may have noticed that recently it’s been a bit slow on the ol’ posting side. I’ve been out of town for work without decent internet access and am suffering the most god-awful cold (in the typical male response, I’m convinced I’m dying).

That said, the show must go on, and normal service shall soon be resumed.

One of my favourite bands this year has to be The Modernthey haven’t had a huge amount of success outside of the usual Popjustice hype, and I for one can’t understand why – sounding like a mix of The Killers, Dead or Alive and Kim Wilde, their synth pop whilst decidedly derivative is still catchy enough to have me dancing round the living room (when I have the energy to pick myself up off my deathbed).

Rumour has it that Seven Oceans will be the next single, but I’m struggling to find any more info.

MP3: The Modern – Seven Oceans

4 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

sorry you are sickly. It sucks because you feel like, "Uh I'll never have energy again. I'll never walk again."

OR if you are Alison Goldfrapp you say, "Broken heart like a heel, I'll never walk again."

Thanks for the Modern and Soho Dolls, who sound a bit like Goldfrapp, yes?

June 19, 2006 9:31 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh fuck yes, this song by the modern is rocking my world. perfect to kick me out of the monday doldrums :)

June 20, 2006 12:41 am

 
Blogger homoeclectic said...

Yeah, they do - but I barred myself from using the G word.

June 22, 2006 7:56 pm

 
Blogger homoeclectic said...

Yeah, they do - but I barred myself from using the G word.

June 22, 2006 7:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home