For the love of men and music

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Swedish Delight

I'm sure it’s just a matter of time before I get over this swedish music fixation (interestingly, I’ve never hooked up with a swedish guy), but whilst I’m working through my compulsions, it is giving me the chance to discover and share some of their finest with visitor to casa Homoeclectic.

I mentioned yesterday that the swedes are particularity skillful at a type of indie/twee pop that they seem to churn out in great quantities. Fulfilling the stereotype and bringing a huge amount of joy whilst doing so are Vapnet – formed from a couple of members from Sibiria (another band – not a spelling mistake) when band member Martin Abrahamsson wrote the song "Ge Dom Våld" which didn’t fit into his incumbent band’s sound.

Fans of the likes of Camera Obscura and Belle & Sebastian should definitely check out their latest full length release Jag Vet Hur Man Väntar.

MP3: Vapnet - Thoméegränd
MP3: Vapnet - Storgatan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home