For the love of men and music

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

You Caught Me Love Dancing

I'm torn (don’t worry, I’m not lying naked on the floor); Is It All Over My Face (Larry Levan Mix) by Loose Joints has to be one of my favourite disco records of all time. So, it was with some trepidation that I approached Cazwell’s reinvention of the seminal disco classic.

Staying fairly true to the original mix(augmenting the original track with some instrumental crunch produced by Kaz Gamble (Cooler Kids), Cazwell’s version basically features him rapping between the original chorus. His rapping style reminds me of Eminem and (this is not necessarily a good thing) Bloodhound Gang.

Cazwell’s lyrics take what was a euphorically sleazy track (think, coke, E and a lot of sex under disco balls) and relocates it in the backroom of a dodgy LA club with meth being the stimulant of choice – it’s sleazy, vulgar and for some reason appeals to me.

Or maybe I just like the way he looks.

MP3: Cazwell – All Over Your Face (Expired)
MP3: Loose Joints – Is It All Over My Face (Larry Levan Mix) (Expired)
MP3: Loose Joints – Is It All Over My Face (Larry Levan Male Vocal Mix) (Expired)

buy: Larry Levan's Paradise Garage: Classic West End Records Remixed
buy:
Cazwell – All Over Your Face

2 Comments:

Blogger e jerry said...

Ironic, given the way that Arthur Russell died.

April 03, 2007 11:10 pm

 
Anonymous Kian F said...

Thank you for writing this

September 27, 2021 10:53 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home