For the love of men and music

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

En-ger-land!

Sigh. While I do enjoy most aspects of my job, the one thing that I would gladly trade is the endless talk about football that I am subjected to. I’m not sure what it is about straight men in a social setting– but rather than discussing things of relative interest (state of the nation, what’s the point of Keane’s latest offering, will Paris Hilton ever actually launch her album?) – they seem intrinsically programmed to talk about football.

Now don’t get me wrong, I like a man running around in a pair of shorts as much as the next guy, but I certainly don’t understand the obsession for the game. Sadly, my relative disinterest makes it very difficult in a professional setting where the guys seem to equate masculinity with their ability to analyse to the endth degree the movements of the players and I’m sitting there trying to find an excuse to leave the room.

This is going to be a very difficult month.

MP3: Embrace – World At Your Feet (Oakenfold Radio Edit) (Expired)
MP3: Infernal – From London To Berlin (World Cup 2006 Mix) (Expired)
MP3: Tony Christie – Is This The Way To The World Cup (Expired)
MP3: England 1982 World Cup Squad – This Time We’ll Get It Right (Expired)
MP3: New Order – World In Motion (Expired)
MP3: The Farm – Altogether Now (Expired)
MP3: Badiel & Skinner & The Lightening Seeds – Three Lions (Expired)
MP3: Gerry & The Pacemakers – You’ll Never Walk Alone (Expired)

3 Comments:

Blogger Steven Wood said...

Nice tunage there, but slight point of order, This Time was the England 1982 song, not 1971, that was Back Home.
http://fcumleigh.blogspot.com/

June 06, 2006 11:55 am

 
Blogger homoeclectic said...

I did think it sounded quite modern :-)

Tag corrected - and it's better than Back Home,

June 06, 2006 12:26 pm

 
Blogger Adrian said...

Oh. I really love Infernal, the lyrics on this are quite witty really. I hear they have done versions for lots of other European countries. Those I'd like to hear.

June 07, 2006 12:25 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home