For the love of men and music

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sound Track

Over the past two weeks, I’ve been spending most of my free time (and cash) watching films at the London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival – this year, there weren’t many films I watched that captured my imagination once I’d walked out of the cinema hall – the positives were Infamous (Toby Jones was amazing), the HIV documentary No Magic Bullet and the third film by Israeli director Eytan Fox: The Bubble.

The latter was a great film which had me till the last 5 mins or so when it went awol (those that have seen it will know where I’m coming from). Inspite of hating the way the film ended, there was someting about the film and the way that it portrays the relationship between an Israeli and Palestinian that stayed with me for a few days after seeing the film, to the point where I was dreaming of certain scenes from the film.

The soundtrack of the film is excellent featuring a good mix of indie and israeli artists, specifically a couple of songs by the gay israeli popstar Ivri Lider. Ivri is a previous contributor to Eytan Fox’s soundtracks – in Yossi vs Jaeger he covered Rita’s track Bo, and in The Bubble he covers the Gershwin classic The Man I Love and Tim Buckley’s Song To A Siren.

You can hear one of Ivri’s new tracks Jesse at the GLEE site as part of the promotion for the forthcoming gay themed album from Sony Music’s gay label ‘Music With A Twist’.



MP3: Ivri Lider – Bo (expired)
MP3: Ivri Lider – Song To A Siren (expired)
MP3: Ivri Lider – The Man I Love (expired)
MP3: Ivri Lider – Zachiti Le'ehov (I Was Lucky To Be Loved) (expired)

12 Comments:

Blogger Pengi's said...

Tnx for the songs.I love this movie.Found the songs for weeks.tnx alot

April 27, 2007 4:08 pm

 
Blogger rodatlantis said...

omg 10xxxxxxxx finally the mp3 im so happy with bo ... love the movie

May 15, 2007 11:44 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This is so great! People should check out his Jesse english debut song too.Thanks for posting these songs!

June 10, 2007 6:01 am

 
Blogger jmaddux1 said...

Its says the bandwith has exceeded :(

Is there any way I can get it still?

June 28, 2007 5:07 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Would you please re-upload those songs of Ivri Lider's, again?
I'm looking to listen to them again.
I liked the movies, Yossi & Jagger, and the Bubble.

Thank you very much.

September 26, 2007 10:05 am

 
Blogger th.iii said...

Hi!
Please! I can´t find the Song to a Siren.mp3... I´ve tried EMULE, you tube, etc etc.
Could you send me, please?

thaus8@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Thiago

November 16, 2007 10:55 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
Hows u. I can´t find the Song to a Siren.mp3... I´ve tried everything.
Could you send it to me, please?
Pleaseee...
no.picnic@hotmail.com

Thanks!!

Tonatiuh:D

December 15, 2007 4:25 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any way I could also get the "song to a siren" mp3? ksincatx@gmail.com

I actually got to see The Bubble on the big screen in Texas!

I hope that you can continue posting at some point. Love the blog.
-C

March 12, 2008 10:12 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a possibility of these be re-upped? I can find them any where. Thanks a zillion for any help..

April 23, 2008 3:43 pm

 
Blogger Beldemandis said...

Please... can you re-upload the songs?... :)

May 10, 2008 8:58 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these songs so much and I have been searching for them for months, but all failed!:((((((

Would you please re-upload them again or kindly send them to me, please?

cotine1986@163.com

Thank you so so much!

Best,
Eric

June 23, 2008 4:18 pm

 
Blogger Tomi Luka said...

Hello

I liked the film and was almost turned off by the ending, which makes no sense at all.

But the film also stayed with me for a while, including the music.

I've been looking for an mp3 of the siren song but I haven't found it anywhere so I'd appreciate it if you could send it to tomiluka@hotmail.com

thnx

-t-

August 04, 2008 7:38 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home